CMPC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be aware of encrypted files

3 posters

Go down

Be aware of encrypted files Empty Be aware of encrypted files

Post by Admin Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:17 am

Did you know that even the best antivirus programs can be fooled easily?

There are certain programs called "crypters" that jumble up the hexcode in your executable file so that when the antivirus program scans your program, it detects nothing. Why does it detect nothing? Because it recognizes no harmful lines of code!

If the code is jumbled up, nobody knows how to read it anymore! It just doesn't make sense to an antivirus program.

These crypters jumble up the code and put an extra piece of code in the executable so that when you run the program, it decrypts itself and does whatever the program wants!

Such crypters can get past any and all antivirus programs.

If you don't have a Antivirus program because you can't afford one , get AVG free antivirus protection. The program is the best in the business, and is free on the AVG website. (just google "AVG")

If you don't have an Antivirus program because you just hate the annoying popups, then be smart about what you run. Be as paranoid as possible!

If you're suspicious about a program, and don't want to download an antivirus program, then just get it scanned online!

https://www.virustotal.com/

Virustotal is a great web application that scans your program by 41 different and powerful antivirus engines (pretty much all that you can name which includes norton, kaspersky, avg, avast etc...)

Even then if Virustotal doesn't pick it up, it can still be infected because the program is FUD.

FUD = Fully Undetectable (by antivirus programs)

Morale of the story = don't take chances Razz unless you have linux in which case you're pretty much safe from everything. Damn linux is too good Razz
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Be aware of encrypted files Empty Re: Be aware of encrypted files

Post by Corey Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 am

If you want to run a simple test of how fast your anti virus can detect incoming attacks, I have a program that I wrote that can test that. I haven't put in in the dropbox, because it messed it up and took me hours and hours to get the server back to normal. It will not do that to your computer though! It only happened because after my AV deleted it, dropbox restored it because it hadn't yet recognized that it was gone. Coincidently, I traced all of the trouble to a certain "Cunstoid" computer. Anyway, message me and I can send it privately.
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunsfordium Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm

wtf everybody blames shit on me

i got avast free antivirus
should i get avg?
Lunsfordium
Lunsfordium
[Blankie]

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:10 am

I did not blame it on you. I simply told you what the dropbox tracers reported.
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:12 am

I just so happened that your computer was first on the sync list.
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down