CMPC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Opinion

2 posters

Go down

Your Opinion Empty Your Opinion

Post by Corey Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:12 am

Hey, should I install windows on a second hard drive and them just mount my old drive as a secondary drive?
I could also try to use another computer to transfer all of my files and programs to my usb hdd, then reformat my original disk and install windows on it? That way I don't have to buy another drive (although I should....), but my external is really slow.
In case you missed my other post, I have major registry corruption and windows is completely damaged. Took forever just to get it past POST. Ehk.
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Your Opinion Empty Re: Your Opinion

Post by melanation Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:53 pm

I would do plan A.

I would use the new drive for backing up though, well depends I guess on what drive I get. I have this thing my dad bought, (I love it) it has like 5 terabytes of room, and I have all my files backed up on it. If you don't want a device to just back up files, I would suggest getting another drive.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Eh, my dad wouldn't let me get another Hdd. So, instead, I just booted to a linux live cd, copied everything to the external usb drive, then reformatted the original drive.
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:15 pm

That is just as good. Most of my files are stored like that too. Knowing my luck, both drives will fail, so my USB is just extra insurance. Smile
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 pm

Plus, I had everything backed up automatically and online, with Carbonite!
I made sure to evacuate the game files first.. along with my gmod and portal save files, and all my WoW addons Wink
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 pm

You think ahead don't you! Very Happy
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down