CMPC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parkour

+4
Paul
Corey
Unchained
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Parkour Empty Parkour

Post by Admin Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 am

I am going to start training so I can officially become a traceur Very Happy

So far I am going to plan out my sunday mornings for an hour of running. Plus a few days out of the week I will need to find some time after school to go jogging. Just to get in shape. Then I can try and slowly get the basics of parkour down. i.e. I'm serious about exercise for the first time ever, and in 1 years time I will be showing off like a douchebag to everyone. alien clown Like a Star @ heaven
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Parkour Empty Re: Parkour

Post by Unchained Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:51 am

I approve of this heavily. I also suggest that you first concentrate your efforts (along with the running) on learning how to fall without getting hurt, it saves a lot of time later.
Unchained
Unchained
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Unchained wrote:I approve of this heavily. I also suggest that you first concentrate your efforts (along with the running) on learning how to fall without getting hurt, it saves a lot of time later.
Yeah I know. What I'm gonna do is start jumping onto the ground and land, then off tables, then climb on a fence about 5 feet high and jump to the ground and that's high enough for me. But first I think I'll do the basic jump across a rail with both legs on one side, then do the falling thing, and THEN do the kong Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:57 pm

Pff. I can do stuff like that. Remember when I jumped over like 3 people randomly in robotics? And when I flipped over that bench in PE? Smile
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:03 am

Is that what the weight lifting was about? Dude, you got ice because your arm hurt from lifting weights the previous day. . . 10 lbs.
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Unchained Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am

Corey: Nice.

Paul: HAHAHAHA but then I'm only up to 25...
Unchained
Unchained
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am

I do that stuff. I started free running about 4 months ago. Really fun.
You need a lot of training for it i.e. how to jump and how not to jump, how to land etc.
But yeah, it's fun.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:24 am

It isn't all that funny about the amount of weight it's more about how much he was complaining about it. . .
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:30 am

but if I could provide one very useful tip:

BUY A TRAMPOLINE.
It seems like a joke, but seriously, if you want to do the hard-core stuff, like flipping, you need a trampoline (personally I can't do it yet), but it's REALLY gonna help. And I don't mean the kiddy ones I'm talkin a normal size trampoline. It makes helps you train, provides a softer landing (easier on your knees), and gets u used to the move and the motion-sickness so you can try it on grass.

Trampoline, grass, concrete IN THAT ORDER.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:40 am

Paul wrote:Is that what the weight lifting was about? Dude, you got ice because your arm hurt from lifting weights the previous day. . . 10 lbs.
Razz yeah but i did it like 120 times. That's why I'm trying to get fit so THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYMORE.
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:42 am

melanation wrote:but if I could provide one very useful tip:

BUY A TRAMPOLINE.
It seems like a joke, but seriously, if you want to do the hard-core stuff, like flipping, you need a trampoline (personally I can't do it yet), but it's REALLY gonna help. And I don't mean the kiddy ones I'm talkin a normal size trampoline. It makes helps you train, provides a softer landing (easier on your knees), and gets u used to the move and the motion-sickness so you can try it on grass.

Trampoline, grass, concrete IN THAT ORDER.
no that's stupid. I'm not paying $500 so i can jump on something.
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Batguano Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:44 am

would you pay $500 foooorrr..... Something really cool that originally cost like $6000 and was on sale for $500 that you had always wanted? :3
Batguano
Batguano
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:46 am

Hey, if he's serious about this... then yeah

To get in shape, Push-ups help A LOT.
I can do like 20 (the hardcore dude kind)
Your basically lifting your own body weight. So like if you lift 124 lbs. (in my case) 20 times a day, then you'll be in shape in no time.

If you can't do that many, start with 5, then add two each day. By the end of the month you'll be doing like sixty-some without even breaking a sweat.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:19 am

In 7th grade, I got "2" on my pushups test Smile Well, it should have been 1, but my teacher was feeling generous. Hehehe -has no arm strength-
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am

melanation wrote:Hey, if he's serious about this... then yeah

To get in shape, Push-ups help A LOT.
I can do like 20 (the hardcore dude kind)
Your basically lifting your own body weight. So like if you lift 124 lbs. (in my case) 20 times a day, then you'll be in shape in no time.

If you can't do that many, start with 5, then add two each day. By the end of the month you'll be doing like sixty-some without even breaking a sweat.
thank you genius. That was very helpful, almost as helpful as the 100,000+ other places it has been written online Razz
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Maybe you should stop 'insulting' / 'dissing' / whatevering people who are trying / want to help you, allen.
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Paul wrote:Maybe you should stop 'insulting' / 'dissing' / whatevering people who are trying / want to help you, allen.

yeah

But I know your type, you are one of those people who gets a spontaneous idea, tries really hard at it for like a few days, then gives up and moves on to something else. Seen it a million times.
The trampoline helps you with almost every aspect of parkour training. go online, search it, see how many of them will tell you to get a trampoline and do it there first.

If there is one think I know about, it's fitness. I've been in sports and exercise stuff all my life. Just trust me on this. If your serious about this... at least go find some dude who owns a trampoline and earn his friendship so he gives it to you Razz
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiacescuchion Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Has anyone bothered asking... Why Parkour? why not martial arts? and is this because of Mirror's Edge? Why is Hasnain asking so many questions on one post?
zodiacescuchion
zodiacescuchion
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiacescuchion Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:00 pm

oh and btw...
PKLA -~- Parkour Los Angeles
(88 ratings)
4.6 miles away in Pasadena, CA
952 Parkour Enthusiasts
more
Parkour, Gymnastics, Adventurers, Urban Exploration
Meet other locals interested in Parkour. This group is for people of all ability levels.
zodiacescuchion
zodiacescuchion
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Seen em all, too far for me Razz

Why Parkour? - Less boring than any other sport.

Why not martial arts? - got bored of that one

Mirror's Edge - no I didn't start because of Mirror's Edge.

IDK MY BFF JILL>?
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiacescuchion Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:44 pm

What about my last question?
zodiacescuchion
zodiacescuchion
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 am

melanation wrote:But I know your type

I'm confused. Who's type-- Allen's or Paul's?
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 am

zodiacescuchion wrote:What about my last question?
IDK MY BFF JILL>?
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:17 am

zodiacescuchion wrote:Has anyone bothered asking... Why Parkour? why not martial arts? and is this because of Mirror's Edge? Why is Hasnain asking so many questions on one post?

Oh, none of us need to ask, we all know the answer.
Most probably: he saw it on YouTube when he was insanely bored, and decided on trying it. I'm waiting for when he takes up under-water-basket-weaving.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:25 am

well I've had a lot of progress so far.

I can now jump off 6ft + heights easily.

I also can vault over 3.5ft heights easily.
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum