CMPC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My iPad Rant

+4
melanation
Batguano
Unchained
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My iPad Rant Empty My iPad Rant

Post by Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 am

This is on the level of the Macbook Air as how stupid they could be to make this shit.

Alright let's start:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

If you haven't asked yourself this already... What's the difference between this and an iPod Touch?

Answer: Bigger Screen. That's it. Nothing else in functionality, just a bigger screen.

After ... ... how many years has it been since the first netbook was released? Anyway they had ALLLL that time to come up with a netbook that can do something incredible, and here we are. A fucking oversized iPod called an iPad.

How do you type with that shit? It's practically flat on the table so you have to lean in to see the screen, then adjust your hands to type on a flat, on-screen keyboard. Who wants to use that for work? How is it any easier or faster to have a keyboard on an already tiny 9.7 inch screen? FUCK! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!??!?

Another thing, these days the most efficient (battery efficient) processor is called the "Intel Atom Processor" designed by Intel. What does Apple do? Makes their own fucking processor about half the speed, 2+ times the size (if you don't know already, the smaller the better), and on top of all that they give you no specs on the processor. All they write is

1GHz Apple A4 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip

Yeah great description Apple... real nice.

One more major flaw in their design.

Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

>_> are they fucking serious... During winter at least a quarter of the country has weather of under 32 degrees F. And during the summer it's almost always over 95 degrees F in the southern states. Meaning you're screwed if you don't live in the middle of the country where the temperature really doesn't change a lot... .I wouldn't really say that it's a real issue seeing as how the nonoperating temperature is a bit on the extreme temperatures but fuck I want to know it's perfectly fine to turn the thing on in 100 degree weather and go online and watch ... stuff Razz

Extra things to notice:

It has (even worse than the Macbook Air) 0 USB ports. This is supposed to be a netbook right? So shouldn't I be able to .... you know... access files in some manner? NO apparently Apple spent 95% of their time making it shiny and 1% with functionality (the other 4% was jacking off to Steve Jobs).

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

My iPad Rant Empty Re: My iPad Rant

Post by Unchained Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 am

I LOVE this.
Unchained
Unchained
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Batguano Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 am

Unchained wrote:I LOVE this.

same xD
Batguano
Batguano
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:42 pm

*gets on hands and knees bowing* I AM NOT WORTHY, I AM NOT WORTHY, I AM NOT WORTHY...
Dude, I'm so glad your on our side.

Wasn't Apple's main goal to compete with the Amazon Kindle with that piece of crap?
Cause that's what apple claims. I was watching Nightly Business Report, and they were talking about it yesterday.

Apple thinks they know better than everyone else. They're trying to top Intel now?! What the fuck are they thinking?!
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:56 pm

I DON'T THINK MORE EPIC PWNAGE HAS EVER BEEN DEMONSTRATED.
Anyone else have any possible way to argue on that topic?

If Apple didn't have iPods, they wouldn't even register on the map.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunsfordium Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:15 pm

fuckers
Lunsfordium
Lunsfordium
[Blankie]

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 am

im a friggin apple fanboy and this is what i have to say:
I AGREE!!!!
its like a macbook pro and an iphone got together and had a retard baby that does nothing better and not as much as either

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:43 am

as for the operating temp/altitude, all of their stuff has those specs, its a cya sort of thing. i wanna tell stupid people that their laptop wont work on an airplane because its above 10,000 feet (pressurized, so it obviously would work fine, but stupid people dont know that right?)

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:44 am

and the 17" macbook pro has same temp specs btw

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:15 am

couldn't you put all of that in one post instead of three? Also nice to see you on the forum again! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:21 am

Hey at least people are posting we shouldn't be too hard on people for double/triple posting. . . plus it keeps the posting rates higher for our forum. . .
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:00 am

haha sorry, i just kept coming up with more to say. and im such a retard the concept of edit just doesnt make sense to me (brain flatulence)

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unchained Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:01 am

I think edits count as a separate posts...

Its also kinda strange when you aren't in the operating temperature, happened to me a few times...
Unchained
Unchained
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:03 am

ya me too, but heck i know the temp limits of all of my comps by heart so im not worried at all (always way within critical limits) Again, CYA.

EDIT: btw godmode windows 7 x64 works fine... well i never expected that.

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

What Apple is doing (I think) is trying to make one huge adjustment to the iTouch and selling their old product ALL over again.

I don't really think they were trying to make the ideal laptop or anything like that. It is an inconvenience to type with that thing, even though you can attach a keyboard to it. But still inconvenient.

But my biggest problem is "how am I going to carry this thing around?!"

I don't carry a purse, and it's too big to put in my pocket (which is the exact reason I wanted an MP3 player in the first place... portability), so now I gotta go buy a carrying case for this thing, and lug it around everywhere.

Even with all these problems, the sad part is, Apple is still going to sell millions of them, make cheep useless accessories and charge like crazy for it and EVERYONE is going to want it, and Apple ends up making a fortune off their crappy product. Sad. Very Sad.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:10 pm

How can you attach a keyboard if there are no USB ports?
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:18 pm

wireless
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 am

So if you have an expensive bluetooth (or whatever) keyboard it is.. then you can use it?
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:37 am

i think i would buy it if it had a usb port. just because it's so versatile but other than that, it's a bit too pricey for myself for what it can do.
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 am

I think that it has an ipod connector style port on the bottom for which they sell a keyboard to attach to it. . .
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Corey Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:30 am

It does have a dock connector.
Corey
Corey
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Batguano Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 am

Honestly this iPad thing is just complete BS. WHY would you buy a 15" iPod touch when you can stick with a regular iPod touch?

I mean I could understand if you were like blind or something, but other than that... wut tha fawk.
Batguano
Batguano
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:17 am

It's more of a combination of the (iphone or ipod touch) and the kindle
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:20 am

no paul I meant like sticking a usb flash drive in it to work with some files n actually do some work on it.
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by Batguano Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Batguano
Batguano
Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content