CMPC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I think about iPhone game development

4 posters

Go down

What I think about iPhone game development Empty What I think about iPhone game development

Post by Admin Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:22 pm

http://www.gamedev.net/columns/books/bookdetails.asp?productid=768

These days there are only 5 major types of games. Mobile games (the stuff on your phones), Xbox games, Playstation Games, PC games, and Wii Games.

Xbox and PC games are basically halfbrothers while the Playstation is their rival (like in Pokemon, Ash is Xbox and Gary is Playstation) while Wii is the annoying little brother. Mobile games are those silly trainers in the Pokemon games that are at every corner just looking for new people to rape with their shitty pokemon. They are so annoying and impossible to get away from! AT EVERY FRIKKIN CORNER THERE IS A TRAINER AND IF YOU WALK INTO THEIR LINE OF SIGHT, THEY WILL RUN UP TO YOU WITH A SHITTY QUOTE AND THE BATTLE BEGINS.

That's kinda what the iPhone industry is up to. If they can find a game developer they will lure you into their developing crew with their 100$ sdk which is BS anyway and program some games that will sell for $1 on the AppStore and about 30% of that will go to Apple.

Now why would you do that? Fork over money for the SDK AAAAAAAAAND have a percentage of your money go to Apple because you're programming on their iPhone.

IF IT WASN'T FOR PROGRAMMERS LIKE YOU, THERE WOULD BE NO APPS ON THE IPHONE AND NOONE WOULD BUY THAT SHIT.

They should pay YOU an extra 30% for the App on the iPhone, not the other way around! The iPhone isn't good by nature, it's a piece of crap with a shitty camera attached and a sloppy interface.

SERIOUSLY you pay $300 for an 8gb mp3 player with a touch screen interface and a browser on it. I could get a netbook that does 3000000000000000x that for less. Plus a real keyboard on it too.

Without 3rd party applications, the iPhone would be the new Atari 2600 (i.e. sitting in your closet, collecting dust, obsolete, a total disappointment of technology)

I would argue that the Blackberry is just as bad BUT NO IT'S NOT. DAMMIT atleast other phones have expandable storage where you can shuv in a mini SD card for a few more gigs. The iPhone is not customizable at all. You can't do ANYTHING to mod it. Today we even have a projector phone (the LG one I'm referring to) but the iPhone is still just a regular phone, that you have to pay for an internet connection, it has speakers, a touch screen, and 2 buttons (or 4 if it has volume control) but that's it.

Any other phone is the same or different these days so why would anyone program on that dump called a phone? AAAAAAAAH. Well my fingers hurt now. So that's it. I didn't get to make all my points across but that's good enough for now.What I think about iPhone game development Iphone-games-thumb
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

What I think about iPhone game development Empty Re: What I think about iPhone game development

Post by zoltan99 Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:26 am

large businesses disagree

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

What I think about iPhone game development Empty Re: What I think about iPhone game development

Post by Unchained Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:07 am

Well you must admit its counter intuitive to charge people to make things for your product right? Anyways that business model may "work" for larger businesses who are developing but individuals get screwed over.
Unchained
Unchained
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:16 am

apple is sorta evil about that actually, but for large businesses $100 is nothing

i have the sdk actually, its free and using hacks i can put my own stuff on my own iphone.

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:07 pm

50,000 developers = $5,000,000

that's not nothing. if it was nothing it would be free
Admin
Admin
Pirate King

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:15 pm

But the problem is it isn't only the iPhone that leaves you powerless over everything, it's every single apple program.
Take iTunes for example... you buy a song, but it's never really yours, they just "let you borrow it." You have a set number of times you can burn in on a CD, you can't send it to any one... bla, bla, bla. Apple always wants complete control over everything their customers can and can't do.

I swear, if I could figure out how to import stuff to my iPod with Media Player, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Unchained Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:16 pm

I don't have an ipod but you can try MGTEK dopisp, maybe crack it or something.
Unchained
Unchained
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltan99 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:16 pm

no, you dont pay $100 per dev, you pay $100 per business. I.E. EA pays $100. I have the dev sdk and i never paid nor did i steal it. its available online with free registration.

zoltan99
Skid

Back to top Go down

Post by melanation Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Unchained wrote:I don't have an ipod but you can try MGTEK dopisp, maybe crack it or something.

Problem is I don't want to sync my iPod. I just drag-and-drop the songs into my iPod.

I know how to access my songs on my iPod (as A Mass Storage Device). It's like semi-hacking, but it's hard and time consuming.

Looks like I am overdue for a refresher-course. lol
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down