CMPC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some of my fav. computer quotes/jokes

2 posters

Go down

Some of my fav. computer quotes/jokes Empty Some of my fav. computer quotes/jokes

Post by melanation Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 am

This post is for those of you who have NOTHING to do. If you want a good laugh, these are my absolute favorite computer/programming jokes. I came across them today, and just thought I'd share em with you. Very Happy

BUT I WARN YOU, THIS TAKES A WHILE TO GO THROUGH...
But it's worth it Razz

“Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.”
(Jeff Pesis)

“If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.”
(Robert X. Cringely)

“Computers are getting smarter all the time. Scientists tell us that soon they will be able to talk to us. (And by ‘they’, I mean ‘computers’. I doubt scientists will ever be able to talk to us.)”
(Dave Barry)

“I’ve noticed lately that the paranoid fear of computers becoming intelligent and taking over the world has almost entirely disappeared from the common culture. Near as I can tell, this coincides with the release of MS-DOS.”
(Larry DeLuca)

“Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window.”
(Steve Wozniak)

“Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.”
(Alan Kay)

“I’ve finally learned what ‘upward compatible’ means. It means we get to keep all our old mistakes.”
(Dennie van Tassel)

“The Internet? Is that thing still around?”
(Homer Simpson)

“We are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated.”
(Bumper sticker)

“Any fool can use a computer. Many do.”
(Ted Nelson)

“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.”
(Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering)

“First learn computer science and all the theory. Next develop a programming style. Then forget all that and just hack.”
(George Carrette)

“There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.”
(Bjarne Stroustrup)

“Computer language design is just like a stroll in the park. Jurassic Park, that is.”
(Larry Wall)

“Fifty years of programming language research, and we end up with C++?”
(Richard A. O’Keefe)

“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”
(Edsger W. Dijkstra)

“But what is it good for?”
(Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, commenting on the microchip, 1968)

“640K ought to be enough for anybody.”
(Bill Gates, 1981)

“Windows NT addresses 2 Gigabytes of RAM, which is more than any application will ever need.”
(Microsoft, on the development of Windows NT, 1992)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCYD3kAnR5U&feature=player_embedded

Breaking News: Steve Jobs is Not Dead
An unsubstantiated rumor posted on a CNN website caused a sharp drop in Apple’s stock price Friday. The early morning report caused Apple shares to plummet to their lowest point in a year. Apple denied the report as soon as they heard about it, and Apple’s stock recovered by the time CNN removed the false report, but Apple stock ended down 3 percent for the day due to the broader market slide.

Hope you liked it!
melanation
melanation
Clown

Back to top Go down

Some of my fav. computer quotes/jokes Empty Re: Some of my fav. computer quotes/jokes

Post by Paul Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Nice
Paul
Paul
Pickaxe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum